users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Testing for a 404 in a servlet/filter

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:52:21 PDT

:)

I'm not intentionally trying to reinvent the wheel, however I require authentication to performed by means of accessing a Database and, from what I understand, FormAuthenticator cannot do this (its authentication model is not customisable). As such, I was looking to write my own, using a Filter.

At this stage, I am looking to remove the 404-trapping, but I assumed that there would be some means of performing such "utility"-type functions.

Cheers,
 - Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tim_mead' (tim_mead)]