users@glassfish.java.net

Update on GlassFish Governance...

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:35:30 -0700

You may have seen the recent announcements about Greg Luck (@Wotif) [1]
and Pierre Delisle (@Google) [2] accepting being in the GF interim
Governance Board. I am planning to fill the last non-Sun seat in the
next few weeks (going a bit slow with vacations, etc). I have a list of
candidates, but if you think somebody is an interesting match, please
send me mail (pelegri at sun dot com).

Some of the attributes that would make a candidate interesting include:

* Users / Contributors to GlassFish projects
* Geographies outside the US (Europe, China, India, Latin America...)
* Involvement in Community governances
* Individuals from both Small and Large companies are OK.
* Individuals associated with GOVerments with OSS requirements are OK.
* Non-Profit and for-Profit groups are OK.

We are planning to use a process and charter very similar to that in
OpenJDK [3], [4], and we expect to refine, evolve and adjust the
existing GF principles [5] and governance [6].

Thanks,
        - eduard/o

[1]http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/glassfish_wants_your_suggestions_glassfish
[2]http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/welcome_to_the_interim_governance