users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connecting to EJB from remote web server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:18:42 PDT

I recently suffered through this very same issue. When deploying EJBs in Glassfish on OSX and Windows, I am able to access them remotely via the setting of the properties (org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost and org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort). When I deploy the same application on a brand new Solaris 10 X86 installation, port 3700 appears to be closed (I scanned it to make sure) until I explicitly declare the IIOP address to be the IP of the machine.

i.e. only this seems to work in Solaris 10. Nothing else:

<iiop-listener address="10.0.0.5" enabled="true" id="orb-listener-1" port="3700" security-enabled="false"/>

So I don't know if this is just an idiosyncrasy with Solaris?
[Message sent by forum member 'bjornsvenson' (bjornsvenson)]