users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish not in update tool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:16:06 PDT

The WinMerge Method seems to be a nice trick, but I don't think I could recommend it for productive servers (24x7 uptime). Of course, we'll be using the final version of Gv2 but still...

Not having a standard method to update the server without touching the domains seems strange to me. How do Sun intend us to operate the server reliably?

I'm also trying to create a development installation for the different developper using ANT and CVS
- getting the server from CVS
- installing the lattest GF installation
- starting the setup
- starting the server
- stopping the server

After that, I would like to install a vordefined domain (with datasources, J2C adapters, Web Applications, usw) without having to install everything with asant.
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]