users@glassfish.java.net

Windows service asks for admin password when starting

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:48:37 -0400

Hi,

I have Glassfish beta 3 installed on a test server. I had been starting
and stopping it from the command line until yesterday. I wrote a program
to generate the appropriate command line to install a Windows service
based on source code from Sun Java Application Platform SDK installer.
It works well, except that whenever the service starts it asks me for
the Glassfish admin password. After I type it in, the app server
starts successfully.

Can someone please help me get around this? Should I be passing in the
--passwordfile argument? The SDK installer doesn't pass one in and it
works fine. I'm stuck, please help! Our production server needs to
have Glassfish run as a service, and be able to start up without someone
typing in a password.

FYI: I wrote a program instead of using the example command line on the
Glassfish wiki because I have spaces in my path (C:\Program Files\) and
there are no examples that show the appropriate escaping for that to
work. The program I wrote is a command line utility and I'll be putting
it up on my blog once this issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Ryan