users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish V2 - code too large for try statement

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:40:28 PDT

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. We are currently investigating moving from Sun Application Server 7 Enterprise Edition to Glassfish v2. I have been evaluating GlassFish on a development server (build b50g-beta3) and so far so good. I have installed a number of applications from our production servers, however I have run into the above problems at runtime when trying to run a large jsp. I'm aware that the jsp is massive and not structured very well.... however it is used to drive printed output, and as the strategy is to move to another printing sollution any development is out of scope for this project. The page display fine under AS7. A collegue mentioned that I can tweak the web.xml file in some servers.... is this the case?

Heres the error.,..

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
    [javac] /ecomm/appsrv/glassfish/nodeagents/my_server01_node_agent/my_server01_client/generated/jsp/j2ee-modules/application-client/org/apache/jsp/presentation/p945_005fx_005fapplication_005fprint_005fpage_jsp.java:478: code too large for try statement
    [javac] try {
    [javac] ^

Kind Regards

Mat
[Message sent by forum member 'mglambet' (mglambet)]