users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is it possible to use Glassfish as COSNaming service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:37:32 PDT

This is very reminicant of an old thread I posted a few months ago. I don't remember all the details and I have since moved on but to my recollection the answer from the Glassfish team was that Glassfish's IIOP stack is not COSNaming based (whatever that means) and as such it was impossible to use the built-in RMI support from the JDK against a Glassfish application.

In other words, unless you bundle some 7MB jar file that comes with Glassfish, you will not be able to communicate with the server.

Now, I could be completely wrong (again, it's been a while and I'm no expert) so if anyone knows better please let us know :)

Gili
[Message sent by forum member 'cowwoc' (cowwoc)]