users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Upgrade Error (and Which JDK to use?)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:43:51 PDT

> Thanks for replying, I appreciate it, but HUH?

I like that :). Appreciation with huh.

> Could you be more specific about which libraries
> might be setup incorrectly,
> and why you believe they are wrong?

That's because of the message.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/glassfish/lib/libcliutil.so: ld.so.1:
/opt/SUNWappserver/jdk/jre/../bin/java: fatal: libCrun.so.1: version
`SUNW_1.5' not found (required by file /opt/glassfish/lib/libcliutil.so)

Can you just do "ldd" on <install-dir>/lib/libcliutil.so?

> And, what does my password file have to do with my
> native libraries?
I know you want to know the "details" :)
Actually, quite the contrary. When you don't use passwordfile, you are prompted for,
by the program. When the program prompts you for the password, of course, you don't want
it to "echo" the password. This is where this native library comes into picture, you know.
By using --passwordfile you are saying "screw the native library, read the password from
here, don't prompt me for the password".

> In any case, thanks for trying to help me, I just
> need a little bit more to
> go on.

You should.

BTW, this doesn't mean your upgrade is going to be successful, it's just you won't
have any unsatisfied linkage problems :)

Kedar