users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Rewriting URLs to change servlets?

From: Robin Sheat <robin_at_kallisti.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:40:12 +1200

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 13:09:53 Jan.Luehe_at_sun.com wrote:
> Some additional explanation: In the case of static resources,
> which are not mapped to any servlet declared in a webapp's web.xml
> (they're handled by an implementation-specific servlet),
> request.getServletPath() returns the request's URI minus the context
Hmm, it looks like I spoke too soon, and didn't pay enough attention to what
you said. It does work fine for static resources, however I also need it to
work for servlets. Is this possible?

Actually, in pseudo-regex terms, I just want:
/app/([^/]*)/something
to become:
/app/something
and where the bit in brackets can be retrieved by the servlet 'something'.

--
Robin <robin_at_kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian_at_jabber.kallisti.net.nz>
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?