users@glassfish.java.net

Add libraries to application server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:12:23 PDT

How should I add libraries that should be generally available on the application server?

I have an application with two parts, an EJB application deployed on glassfish and a standalone java SE application.

From the standalone application I try to bind a class in JNDI, this fails with a ClassNotFoundException because the class I'm trying to bind is a custom class. How should I add the jar containing this class to the application server?

The custom class is bundled in my EJB jar but that doesn't help. Are libraries deployed as part of EJB modules supposed to be generally available (to JNDI as well), i.e. is there something wrong with my EJB jar? Or should I add the jar to the classpath in some other way? It works if I add the jar to the lib folder of the application server and restart it but if it's possible to add it without having to restart the application server, that would be a lot better...
[Message sent by forum member 'krippa' (krippa)]