users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Obtaining LoginException

From: JoeS <joe.shevland_at_au.capgemini.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jan

Jan.Luehe wrote:

> As I mentioned earlier, the only solution I can imagine for this
> to work would be to store any error information regarding the
> authentication failure in the HTTP session that was established
> by the container to store the original request URL (which the
> user would be redirected to should authentication succeed).

This sounds good to me.

Of course, for this to be portable, the servlet spec would need
to define the name of the session attribute where the container
would store the authentication error (we could reuse the name
of the request attribute "javax.servlet.error.exception" for this
purpose).

Again sounds perfect to me, I can see this as a useful addition to the spec.

Cheers
Joe