users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA cacade remove operation: Spec vs. TLE implementation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:15:06 PDT

Hi there,

This issue keeps cropping up for us as well and it is very frustrating. In many instances it does not make sense to have a bidirectional relationship. For example we have many different entities with a oneToMany relationship to the same type of entity (for storing xml based metadata). This scenario does not allow for a bidirectional relationship.

Obviously there are workarounds - but there should be no need to perform them. This problem is clearly a bug - the implementation does not match the specification. I still don't understand how it can be a P4.

Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr' (cameronr)]