users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Download War from server

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:44:55 -0700

On Aug 8, 2007, at 7:08 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hmm. Not sure about the intent. Downloading client-stubs, needed to
> invoke the EJB's is different
> from the web-application itself. The former is *required* to invoke
> your EJB's from a standalone client.
>
> But it might be a good RFE to fix. An example would be to
> distribute the web-applications that are
> deployed to an instance of GlassFish. Generally, this is handled by
> your development processes.

and this is why there is a deployment process. downloading the
deployed bits with the non portable artifacts that may be unique to
the original deployment environment and reuse those bits somewhere
else is *not* a good idea.

> But if you want an *exact* replica of the application (web-app, or
> any other app for that matter),
> GlassFish V2 does not have a way to do it today.

if the user's just want to have access to the original untouched war
file, he can push it to the http-listener docroot and make it
available through http download.

> Can you file an RFE at: http://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/
> ProjectIssues?

considering the security, portability considerations of such a
feature, I am not sure this would be a great feature addition.

Jerome