users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Server Restart requeried for Redeployment

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:55:02 -0400

Hi,

>Thanks for the response (and the link)...
>
>I tried V2 but every time i tried to access the web-ui I hot a HTTP-404 Error from the server

So after the deployment, the same app runs fine in v1 but not v2? What's
the stack trace and error messages in the server.log when this happens?
Does this only happen to a specific web application or any web application?

>>Looking at the number of jars that failed to be removed in the
>>

>server.log, did you happen to have a teminal window open at the relevant
>directory?
>
>I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, but Glassfish was started inside of NetBeans, and NetBeans also took care of the deployment (so no terminals were open)

Ok. You can use Tim's tool to see if it helps identify the cause in v1.

Thanks,

- Hong