users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish beta 3 Vs sjsas 9

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:53:57 -0700

Right, thanks, Jan.

On that topic...

* We need to advertise better the sustaining stream of releases that Sun
provides as part of the commercial support offering.

See for example this writeup:
http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/commercial_support_for_glassfish

These changes are done by Sun's support team and deliver a new, fully
tested, release every few weeks. The support and the engineering team
collaborate to get those bug fixes into the engineering code repository
(i.e. the one at Java.Net) but we have been very busy with GFv2 and we
just discovered the changes had not been propagated to the v1 branch.
This will be fixed.

* Because of GFv2 we have not had time to build and test a GFv1 release.
  We need to do that so that people that download the latest public GFv1
release get a good quality build.

We discovered some of these things last week; I believe Abhijit is
working the disconnects right now.

        - eduard/o