users@glassfish.java.net

Re: User FAQ for GlassFish v2

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:57:16 -0700

Common questions I commonly get:

1) What platforms are formally supported? A link to the release notes
on docs.sun.com would go a long way.
2) What platforms is 64-bit supported on? Does that include all
features such as HADB and load balancer?
3) What support offerings are available for GlassFish? (Developer
Expert Assistance and SJSAS)
4) Can I run GlassFish as a non-root user (via package installer)
5) Who is using GlassFish (link to live map and stories blog)
6) How can I stay up to date on what is happening with GlassFish
(Aquarium Blog)
7) How can I minimize resource (memory) utilization? (TBD, I'll leave
it to others to answer this)
8) Does GlassFish support hot-deployment? (Yes, ....)
9) What is the best way of evaluating/installing Open ESB with
GlassFish? (Update Center?)
10) Can I upgrade from a developer profile to cluster profile? (yes,
see Kedar's blog entry)
11) What is the difference between in-memory replication and HADB?
When should I use one versus the other? (...)
12) What tools can I use to diagnose potential issues? (Call-flow
analysis, monitoring, JConsole, dtrace, etc)
13) (Unlucky number, skipping) :-)
14) Is Eclipse supported? (Europa, MyEclipse, Eclipse plugin)
15) What license is GlassFish distributed under? (CDDL and GPL v2 w/
Classpath Exception)
16) How can I contribute code to GlassFish?
17) How can I get help with GlassFish (Forums, users alias, support
contract, docs.sun.com documentation)
18) Can I ship GlassFish with my application?

Questions will most likely have to be organized into sections
(production, development, tools, etc)

Post a link and I'll add more later on my own in Wiki fashion. For
now, I'm going back to my regularly scheduled vacation :-)