users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ClassNotFoundException: Spring, JPA packaged as a .war archive on Glass

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:07:10 PDT

You've got a couple of options.

1. I think there is a good chance this is related to some bugs we have been working on over the last couple of days. See GlassFish issues 3420 and 3421 and 3457. If this is true, there are a couple of things you can do

- Implement the workaround by either adding the toplink.weaving=false property to your persistence.xml or by statically weaving your persistence unit as described here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/toplink/JPA/essentials/toplink-jpa-extensions.html#LazyLoading
- Wait for the fix for 3457. I am hoping to get it checked in today, but we are late in the release cycle, so I will need to get permission from the build team to check it in.

2. If you are using Spring on TomCat, there is some setup you can do to allow Spring to deploy EE-stye entity managers (e.g. you will be able to inject them) Here is the first part of the instructions, you can post again if you need more help.

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/orm.html#orm-jpa-setup-lcemfb-tomcat

If you are using GlassFish as you application server or Oracle AS, I believe they can also be setup to use Spring that way. Just post again and you should be able to get some help with that from someone.
[Message sent by forum member 'tware' (tware)]