users@glassfish.java.net

ClassNotFoundException: Spring, JPA packaged as a .war archive on Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:24:40 PST

Hi,

I also posted this issue over the Spring forum:
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?p=97510

Basically, when I used Spring and Glassfish's Toplink and packaged the webapp as a .war archive I would get a ClassNotFoundException. Everything worked fine if I re-pakaged it as .ear archive.

If I replaced Toplink with Hibernate JPA implementation, my Spring webapp deployed as a .war archive didn't have any problem.

I want to use Toplink since it came with Glassfish and don't want to load my webapp with Hibernate libs.

I'm not sure if this is a Spring or Glassfish issue, but I have seen many users with the same problem.
[Message sent by forum member 'tmv' (tmv)]