users@glassfish.java.net

Re: https (8181) not responding - v2_rc1_b58

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:31:19 -0400

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> The same happened to me in Sun app server 9.0 in Ubuntu. I can reproduce the problem.

Yes that one I'm aware of. Still waiting for 9.0 ur2 that contains the
release. The 9.0 branch has the fix as well.

However, when I used fedora 6 , or solaris 10 with glassfish V2 and with
OS tunning in the documention, that hanging never occured, but more than
60% requests were timed-out. (SSL timout).

Which tool are you using to stress the server. By default, the
http-listener on port 8181 only uses 5 threads. Depending on the load
and the time taken to execute the handshake, it might explain the time out.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois