users@glassfish.java.net

create UDP server with glassfish/ejb

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:41:44 PDT

Hi,
I have a mobile application that's using GPRS to send UDP messages to an IP address - wast amount of ~1K text messages every second.
I want to create a UDP server app using the JAVA EE technology.After getting the messages over UDP, I would like to convert them to JMS messages and place them in a queue for message-driven beans to pick them up one by one.
Now, I'm not sure if I can do this with Glassfish .
Can I somehow open a UDP port and listen for messages ?
Or should I rather make a Java SE app which receives messages from client and passes them into the application server message queue?

Thanks a lot !!

Ivan
[Message sent by forum member 'cyvan' (cyvan)]