users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using soft links in appserver 9

From: <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:19:01 -0700

Hi Paul,

Paul Bohnenkamp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In appserver 8 I used to be able to use soft links while doing
> development. I can't seem to get this working with appserver 9.
> Does anyone know how I can do this?
>
> Here's what I used to be able to do:
>
> cd /opt/SUNWappserver/appserver/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-
> modules/portal/desktop/
> ln -s $HOME/workspaces/portal/desktop/src/theme_support/themes .

from 9.1 B51 onwards, the default value of the "allowLinking" property has
been changed to "false", to avoid a JSP source code exposure vulnerability
issue on Windows.

To reactivate symbolic links, specify this property in your webapp's
sun-web.xml:

  <sun-web-app>
    <property name="allowLinking" value="true"/>
  </sun-web-app>

Alternatively, you can specify this property at the <virtual-server> level
in domain.xml, in which case it will apply to all webapps deployed on that
virtual server.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Jan