users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Automatic sql script execution on ear deployment?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:30:49 PDT

Ah, the examples I have been looking at are JBoss Seam examples and are based off of Hibernate as the persistence provider. Hibernate has a property that if enabled will do this for you.

<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop"/>

When this property is set I guess it peforms the sql script execution. Since I have always been using TopLink it never worked. Is it is easy to replace TopLink with Hibernate since I would like this feature.
[Message sent by forum member 'samdoyle' (samdoyle)]