users@glassfish.java.net

Path with spaces trouble in JVM Options

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:49:01 PDT

Hi,

I tried to set some JVM Option (-D...) in the admin console which yields some problems.

1) [build41] The option contains a path with spaces (e.g. -Dproperty=C:\Path with spaces\file)
I saved the changes in the admin gui and says I need to restart the server. But the server did not start beacause of the spaces in the property. So I deleted the property manually in domain.xml, since the server did not start the gui is not available. I added the property again with " (e.g. -Dproperty="C:\Path with spaces\file") and every thing seems fine.

2) [build53] I want to try the same as above this time with a newer glassfish on an English Win XP installation. I could not save the property in the admin gui it yield an error beacause one of the properties was "-Dcom.sun.identity.amclientsdk.configpath=D:\Program Files\glassfish-v2-b53\domains\domain1\config" (this option was already there after installation) so I surrounded it with " as above and was able to save the properties. But this time the server does not start and yields a NoClassDefException. So I removed the " from the mentioned property, again in the domain.xml since gui is not available. Now the server starts, but editing JVM Options with admin gui is not possible.

This is confusing and somewhat inconvenient.

I would report this as an bug but I'm not sure if it really is one and to which component it belongs (admin gui or configuration). Also the Version choices in the issue tracker are confusing.
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]