users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Multiple war's mapped to different ports

From: Shevland, Joe <joe.shevland_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:02:04 +1000

> I have an EAR that includes several war's. What I want to do
> is map one of these war's to the normal http service at port
> 80, and the other war to the https service. I have tried
> various different configurations vut I just cannot get this to work.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether or not this is supposed to work in
> the first place, and if yes, how is it done?
> [Message sent by forum member 'loke' (loke)]

Not sure about specifically allocating WAR's to particular server ports,
but could you use something like the following:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>Some Name</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

In the web.xml of the HTTPS war to enforce access via SSL, and not use
it in the other one.

Cheers
Joe