users@glassfish.java.net

resource injection doesn't seem to be working...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:35:22 PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a small mail sender to test the resource injection feature. The problem is... it doesn't work :(

I'm using the latest version (b55)

The Mail session is defined in the server under the JNDI name "mail/test/myMailer"

  @Resource(name = "mail/test/myMailer")
  private Session session;

In the doGet method, I have :
        // Create a MimeMessage
        out.write("-->" + session + "<--<br>");
        Message msg = new MimeMessage(session);

I tried using the eclipse plugin, the automatic deployment directory and the "normal" deply button from the gui.
The session object is always null.

If I change the whole thing and use the "normal" way, defining the mail reference in the web.xml and sun-web.xml using

      Session session2 = (Session)ic.lookup("java:comp/env/mail/test/myMailer");

the whole thing is working correctly

I tried to declare the mail session in the web.xml and then also in the sun-web.xml files (also I think it's not needed there) but the result was the same.

anyone?

greets
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]