users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:54:06 PDT

Well the idea of having a borked jar in the first place is what I'm complaining about.

The javaee.jar should be an amalgam of all the working jsr interface jars that comprise the javaee spec.

Especially in a maven repository, as maven2 will _automatically_ use those jars on the classpath for the unit tests... giving rise to my issue.

If you want to have a compile only, I would give it a different artifactID, such as javaee-compile-only-no-runtime-5.jar

-Stephen

> Sorry to know that you had to waste so much of time
> for this issue. I am
> trying to understand how we can improve documentation
> of our maven
> artifacts. How did you come to know about this maven
> artifact? It has
> intentionally got implementation-less classes. That
> blog very clearly
> mentions this fact and says that it must only be used
> with *provider*
> scope. IMO, we *should* have put this information in
> the pom.xml. Do you
> read the comments in pom.xml before using a maven
> artifact?
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo
[Message sent by forum member 'stephenconnolly' (stephenconnolly)]