users@glassfish.java.net

Production Deployments

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:09:32 PDT

I am very curious as to how a real development shop performs deployments for the various environments, Integration, Testing and Production. My experience with Best Practices indicates that the deployments to all environments should be from a developer independent point. Usually a scripted service, I have used ant and maven 1.0 in the past, that would allow for automated builds to be deployed. Yet all the IDE's show deployments from the IDE itself without regard for the target environment.

Have I missed something or is my interpretation of Best Practices somewhat dated.
[Message sent by forum member 'tessaract2139' (tessaract2139)]