users@glassfish.java.net

Best way for a WAR to connect to EAR in same container.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:57:56 PDT

I plan on having an independent WAR file and it will need to make some Session Bean calls. The EAR that will be providing those Session Beans will be deployed in the same container, but for assorted Virtual Server and other deployment needs, the WAR will not be part of that EAR.

So I'm curious what the suggested mechanism is for the WAR to connect to those Session Beans.

Should they just be Remote Session Bean calls? Should I use Web Services?

How should I package the WAR? If I were going to use Remote EJB calls, what classes from the EAR do I need to package with the WAR (aside from domain classes). Anything besides the RemoteSessionBean interfaces? Since I'm deploying to Glassfish, do I need to bundle appserv-rt.jar, etc.?

I can add a property to an XML file and get "Reference" semantics for a Remote EJB deployed in the same server, correct?

The EAR WILL HAVE a bundled WAR, if I were to use WebServices, is there a way they could be made available on a seperate port than the bundled WAR for the EAR?

Thanx for any thoughts.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]