users@glassfish.java.net

Unable to update data using Hibernate + Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:43:46 PDT

Hello,

I am using Hibernate persistence provider (3.3.1 GA) on Glassfish (Update 2). The database is Oracle XE. This is a JSF application where the managed bean is using application managed extended scoped persistence context to access database.

Even though I am able to view the data, I am not able to change it. It is quite strange. I can see the SQL generated by the provider, and interestingly there are no update/insert statements generated when I change or insert an existing or new entity. No exceptions.

Does anyone have any ideas I can pursue further? Is there a known bug in this regard?

P.s. If you think that configuring Hibernate provider on Glassfish could be an issue, know that I do not see anything strange going on in the domain's log file. Basically, I just copied the right jars from Hibernate core and Hibernate Entity Manager to the Glassfish lib folder. Nothing exceptional there.

Thanks a lot,
Rima.
[Message sent by forum member 'rpatel' (rpatel)]