users@glassfish.java.net

Re: "WS-TX service is not available"

From: Joseph Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:32:07 -0400

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'vs got a problem in calling a web service with WS-AT.
>
> [#|2007-06-25T18:38:55.983+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webservices.jaxws.wstx.wscoord|_ThreadID=79;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8081-8;_RequestID=f4b0cf29-6027-46ee-aedb-ccd9ae9f3565;|WSTX-CLIENT-1001: WS-TX service is not available. Unable to flow a WS-Atomic Transaction Context for web service invocation of operation '{http://versionconfiguration.services.sopgl.retraite.lan/}c__construct_version_configuration' from current container|#]
>
> Someone told me it was a problem known and it was due to a personal firewall port not open for WS-TX services installed on GF.

jgresse,

Following up on my previous post.

To clarify, I mentioned there were at least two reasons that I am aware
of that could be causing the problem you are encountering.
One was if you are using glasssfish b50. (we still don't know what build
you are using).

The other was that your firewall could be blocking a web service url
lookup on http port of your glassfish instance that
occurs during WS-TX initialization. I neglested to mention in my
implementation in Glassfish v9.1.
We did experience this issue in our testing of WS-TX. The warning
message in the server.log was a diagnostic added to detect an
issue in initializing the WS-TX implementation.

The __wstx_service (implementation of WS-AT/WS-Coord web service in GF)
is a partially deployed web service.
In order to activate it to give out its @Stateful address to other
WS-AT/WS-Coord implementations, the service must be faulted.

You can verify that the ping that faults in the service is failing with
following WS-TXdeveloper level logging.

Bring up the admin gui with the following URL:
http://localhost:4848/appServer/serverInstLogging.jsf?configName=server-config#

Add property "javax.enterprise.resource.webservices.jaxws.wstx" with a
value of "FINEST". (Note: the quotes should not be entered into the
Admin GUI.)

Restart Glassfish after making this change. There will be FINEST server
log messages if the ping of the __wstx_service fails.
The ping will not occur until the first attempt is made to use WS-AT so
you will need to run your test case before checking the server.log.
Since __wstx_service is distributed as a system web service in GF v9.1,
the only reason it fails to respond to the
ping is due to firewalls blocking loop back lookups.

-Joe