users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Virtual Servers, Domain Docroot, applications and classpaths

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:05:46 PDT

Ok, that's fine. That's good to hear.

After playing around some more, I think I'm going to go with the KISS paradigm. If I accept that I'll be making remote calls to my EJBs rather than local calls, then I think I can simply upload a skeletal WAR to the server, explode it, and then do a exploded directory deploy.

Then I can easily redeploy this in place via the console or the command line if/when my classes change (or I can restart the server).

Then I'll simply put the rest of my WARs and EJBs in an EAR. That will be normal, everyday deployment and redeployment. I'll just need to make sure I keep the libraries synced up. (Which wouldn't be the case in a EAR.)

This technique should work fine with minimal headache.

Thanx again.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]