users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Liferay / GlassFish under Solaris 10

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:19:11 PDT

I am a Liferay newbie, so please forgive me if this is a trivial question. I have been working on this for 2 weeks and still can't get Liferay installed and running.

Install information: RH Linux, JDK 5.0. Liferay 4.2.2, MySQL 5.1 on Glassfish.

I downloaded and installed everything you have indicated your post and the spraquet blog. The only thing I have not done is placed the JNDI.JAR file in the glassfish/lib. The reason I havn't done that is I can't find it. Can you perhaps tell me where it is located?
-matt

> Ok, it's good for me :)
> Liferay 4.2.1 run on my glassfish v2 b33 and mysql 5
>
> My operations (thank you
> http://spaquet.blogspot.com/index.html for many
> tips)
>
> a) download ant 1.6.5 and Jikes 1.22 (i used
> pkg-get)
>
> 1) install glassfish v2
> # Run:
> java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2-b33.jar
> # cd glassfish
> # Run:
> ant -f setup.xml
>
> 2) Download svn repository source code:
> svn co
> https://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lportal/br
> anches/4.2.x lportal
>
> 3)go to lportal directory and edit
> app.server.properties for your environment
>
> 4) launch ant –f build.xml all
>
> 5) copy into glassfish/lib these libraries:
> jndi.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> portal-kernel.jar
> portal-service.jar
> portlet.jar
> mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar
> liferay-portal-jaas-4.2.1.jar
>
> After, consult
> http://spaquet.blogspot.com/2006/07/liferay-glassfish-
> part-i-installing.html for configure realm and jdbc
> pool
>
> i write a complete documentation on this subject. I
> think of finishing it from here a few days.
>
> Good luck, Fax
[Message sent by forum member 'msiple' (msiple)]