users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Client application is not reachable after Server-restart

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 05:58:08 PDT

Hi there Tim,

no problem. Ok, what did I do...

1. Installed GF
2. Installed NetBeans 5.5.1
3. I told NetBeans where GF is on my computer
4. I added a sun-application-client.xml File to the configurationfiles
5. then I made myself that little testapplication. I rightclicked the topnode of the Project and used the 'Build project' option.
6. I again rightclicked the Topnode of the Project and used the deployfunction
7. I accessed the Client with the javaws command.

----> no probs

8. then I shutdown the server and restarted the server
9. the application was still visible and seemed active in the Web-admin
10. I tried the javaws and GF couldn't find the app
---->javaws didn't work

11. I redeployed the app again by using the rightclick on my project in NetBeans

----> it worked again

12. (last experiment) I took the .jar File out of the dist-directory of the Netbeans-project and copied it to the autodeploy folder

----> the applikation was also accessible after a serverrestart

Ok, I hope I didn't folget anything.

Of course I can send you the application, to have a look at it.

- Kerry
[Message sent by forum member 'hauspost' (hauspost)]