users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application client container timeouts and retries.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:52:14 PDT

Hello again, Tim,

Quick question about the Application Client Container (Webstarted) and timeouts.

Using b50, my collegue tried to webstart an app from his PC, and my own PC was the server. However, Glassfish wasn't started on my PC, and the WebStart console on my collegue's PC just kept logging timeouts. We thought that if it wasn't for the console being visible, we would have never known what the problem was. We then started talking about something else, and a few minutes later I started Glasfish and all of a sudden, the app appeared on my collegue's PC. Is this normal behavior? Shouldn't the ACC report a communication problem to the user in a "friendly" way? I don't expect typical users to have their WebStart console visible :-) ...

My guess is that this feature is on your team's todo list? If not, I'll be happy to file an RFE (then again, some people would probably call this a bug, since network failures should be expected...)

Francis
[Message sent by forum member 'chiss' (chiss)]