users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 gives HTTP Status 503 Service Unavailable intermittently

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:48:16 -0400

Hi,

I think I know the problem. This is not a thread safety but a lack of
Ruby runtime available. I don't think you can configure that value with
v3, but with Grizzly 1.5 you can by doing:

% java -jar ruby-1.5.1.jar [port] [jruby applications] [number of
runtime] [asyncExecution=true|false]

When v3 ran out of runtime, it throws a 503 (heuk...will fix that as it
should park the request instead, waiting for a runtime to become
available). Try increasing the value using Grizzly 1.5 implementation
(that one will go into v3 this week). Hopefully you aren't facing new
problems :-)

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois