users@glassfish.java.net

java.util.logging.SocketHandler usage/config

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:02:59 PDT

Has anyone successfully used SocketHandler with Glassfish (or EE 8.2 for that matter..I get the same results there).

I add java.util.logging.SocketHandler to the Log Handler section of the config screen. Since SocketHandler requires a host/port I added the properties java.util.logging.SocketHandler.port and java.util.logging.SocketHandler.host to the properties section of that screen and they get saved successfully to domain.xml. However when it tries to create the SocketHandler on startup I get an exception that says Bad Port (0) which means the properties arent getting picked up as I expected.

I know this works because if i set it up in logging.properties of the JVM that launches the app server I get one logging message written to my log viewer but nothing after that.

Has anyone set this up before?

Thanks,

Jason
[Message sent by forum member 'jkratz' (jkratz)]