users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish and Application Client deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:18:05 PDT

Hi guys,

I am getting more and more frustrated. After searching the web I dont know what I am doing Wrong. I have lowered my expectations and all i want is the following now:

1. Make a single window gui

I did that. It is an empty Java Form generated by netbeans.

2. I want to deploy it to my wonderful Glassfish and then access it (the Application consisting of an empty form) via web start.

Ok i deployed the Application. An can see it in the "Application Client Modules" using the Web-Admin of glassfish.

2a) My descriptors look like this:

"application-client.xml"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application-client version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application-client_5.xsd">
  <display-name>TestClient</display-name>
</application-client>

"sun-application-client"

ml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-application-client PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.0 Application Client 5.0//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-application-client_5_0-0.dtd">
<sun-application-client>
  <java-web-start-access>
    <eligible>true</eligible>
      <context-root>/Test</context-root>
    <vendor>Frustration INC</vendor>

  </java-web-start-access>
</sun-application-client>

My manifest contains:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.6.0-b105 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-Class: testclient.Main

3. I try to reach the applikation using: the following:

3.a In the Web-admin of GF i push the Launch button. A small browserwindow opens telling me: (It shows the URL: http://localhost:8080/Test)

404 Error

tyte Status report
message [is empty]
description The requested resource () is not available.

3.b Then I typed javaws http://localhost:8080/Test

Resulting in the answer: The application could not be started. (Wich didn't surprise me after the Web-Admin of GF didn't find "the resources"

WHY??? I followed Tutorials from sun, I read the refferences and did what they told me. And thtis piece of sugar is not working.

Please, dont reffer to one of the glassfish manuals i read many weblinks and its not helping i feel i am missing out some triveal point.

here is my file-structure

glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\TestClient\...

J2ee.dpf (I dont know what that does [like to know]
testclient (containing the Main.class)
META-INF (containing the Manifest, sun-application-xml, application-client.xml

Ok, guys plz give me hope...and help me out on this.

Many greets

Kerry
[Message sent by forum member 'hauspost' (hauspost)]