users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to access EJB from application client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:33:23 PDT

Hello Tim,

I haven't finished with my investigations, but here's what I have so far:

Glassfish b41d running with JDK 1.6, projects compiled with 1.5 JDK and executed with WebStart 1.6
-> The webstart-ed app-client can't access a remote method that has a complex argument (in my case, that method takes a pojo to be persisted and returns void).
->...but no problem accessing a method that has no argument and returns void (confirmed that my code gets executed on the server side, a simple System.out.println in Glassfish's log)
->...and can't even create an InitialContext to perform a lookup!

From a machine having JRE 1.5.0_06:
->Same problem with the complex method, although the stack trace is slightly different
->No problem with the no-arg method either
->...and no problem creating an Initial Context (although I haven't tried to use that context)!!!

A collegue has just tried to play with the server.policy in the domain config directory, no visible effects.

My next step is to find a machine with the JDK 1.5.0 and have it run Glassfish b41d. I will try to attach my logs and my zipped projects (they are really dummies but show the problems) to the issue you mentionned and/or this forum message, although as I'm writing this I don't see any "attach file" button...although I have seen another post with a text file attached.

Francis
[Message sent by forum member 'chiss' (chiss)]