users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to access EJB from application client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:08:58 PDT

Hi, Dennis.

Sorry this isn't working for you, either.

Thanks for reporting the GlassFish build and JDK versions you are using.

I have several questions for you (and Vimal)...

Is your EAR small enough that you could e-mail it to me or point me to it so I could try it here to see if I can reproduce it? I realize that's not always possible for any number of reasons, but it's worth asking. You can e-mail me at tjquinn a-t dev d-o-t java d-o-t net.

Do you use injection to get references to the remote EJBs or do you use explicit naming look-ups?

Did this work for you in earlier builds of GlassFish with the other variables being the same (platform, JDK release, etc.)?

Have you happened to try this with JDK 5 instead of 6?

Also, if you look at either the doc or the blog entry I pointed Vimal to you can turn on Java Web Start tracing. This creates a trace file when any Java Web Start app runs that contains any System.out and System.err contents. Please turn tracing (not logging) on and post that or send it to me as well.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]