users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to access EJB from application client

From: Dennis Gesker <dennis_at_gesker.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:31:03 -0600

Hello Tim:

Not to piggy back on Vimal's issue but I think I'm experiencing a similar
issue.

I'm able to deploy (using nb6m9/jdk6u1/winXP) an enterprise application to
glassfish (b49/jdk6/linux) that contains a client-app. The client app
launches just fine at first via a link in the web-module.

However, when I attempt to utilize a remote session bean contained in the
ejb-module from the client-app the jws process starts and it appears to
download the app but the app ultimately does not launch. Nothing gets
reported in the console of the app server (I'm running the app server on
linux using asadmin start-domain --verbose so I can see the log output) and
jws does not complain. The launch process just seems to stop.

The issue seems very close to that reported by Vimal except I'm not seeing
any errors reported.

Any recommendation on where I might look to solve the issue?

Dennis