users@glassfish.java.net

Re: hp-ux

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 04:33:55 PDT

I am in the process of making a recommendation to my employer of 20+ years (a multi billion dollar manufacturing business) on the way forward to achieving a significantly higher and easier level of interoperability between the systems I mentioned in the first post.

I am not and never will be a Java programmer. I am a business 'lead' who was instrumental in the design and creation of a manufacturing system that addresses all business requirements from order entry through optimal machine loading / communication to despatch planning: for the last 15 years...

After the last post I am on the verge of recommending that we not pursue a Java solution to our business requirements.

Wording like '...I have been advised that it takes many years to gain the knowledge necessary to be able to communicate business requirements to Java programmers...' seems appropriate after the last post.

The name says it all...

So, is Java only for a few elect superintelligent technocrats as suggested above or is it a realistic possibility for people like me who have a smattering of the languages semantics and who want their business process visions rendered faithfully by a group of talented practitioners ?
[Message sent by forum member 'wakefia' (wakefia)]