users@glassfish.java.net

Re: hp-ux

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:07:55 PDT

> I know enough (about) Java to be a little more than
> dangerous. I understand the interpretative nature of
> the language and the role of the JVM etc.

Then you should know that Java isn't interpreted at all, and has never been...

> communicate effectively with a group of professional
> Java programmers / analysts and deliver a successful
> replacement to some of the old monolithic systems we
> have (that I was responsible for in the first
> place).

Nothing wrong with those systems, usually.
Old doesn't mean bad ;)

> "GlassFish V2 comes bundled with Open Queue 4.1
> (https://mq.dev.java.net/) which does not have any
> native code, (pure java impl)."
>
> Looks like launch date is around mid August...

Or consider alternatives like JBoss which is pure Java.
Not quite sure which version you want, probably 4.2 or the betas of 5.0.
Glassfish isn't the only game in town, and may not be the best (especially if you want something different from the standard Windows, Linux, or Solaris installation with mySQL or Oracle as a database).
[Message sent by forum member 'jwenting' (jwenting)]