users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish changes wsdl file when it is deployed

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:04:02 PDT

Yes they will need the address that I choose to expose on the internet (or simply localhost for internal testing/demonstrations). That address shouldn't have to be the same as my computer name though (which might be internal).

For instance you could expose it as: http://foo.com/MyWebService

but wsdllocation will be hardcoded to http://mycomputername.mylocation.dep.company.com/MyWebService

which after relocation might actually be
http://mycomputername.myotherlocation.dep.company.com/MyWebService

This means someone goes to the webservice http://foo.com/MyWebService which is ok, to execute the web service, the application server then tries to use the hardcoded urls internally to access imports in the wsdls etc. But these are no longer valid since the computer name does not exist anymore.

Hope this helps clarify the problem...
[Message sent by forum member 'krippa' (krippa)]