users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Standalone Client - exception invoking method on EJB3 method

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:46:09 PDT

Our interface is defined as:

@Remote
public interface RiskServer {

Our bean (which is STATEFUL) is:

@Stateful
public class RiskBO implements RiskServer {

We can connect to this bean fine and make calls within the same app-server using:

RiskServer hw = (RiskServer)ic.lookup("ejb/risk");

However, from an external stand-alone java client, we get the above exception when using:

 RiskServer rs = (RiskServer)ic.lookup("com.theocc.interfaces.RiskServer");

Remotely, we cann't even lookup the name "ejb/risk", however, when running in the local application server, "ejb/risk" works competely but "com.theocc.interfaces.RiskServer" throws a NameNotFound exception.

When deploying I get the following message:

**RemoteBusinessJndiName: ejb/risk; remoteBusIntf: com.theocc.interfaces.RiskServer

 Why can't I lookup the same name running locally or remote, don't InitialContext use the same lookup either way? I haven't tried changing to stateless yet, maybe its some sort of bug?
[Message sent by forum member 'mlingk' (mlingk)]