users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly can't find LogFactory

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:41:30 -0400

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying to use Grizzly in Stand-alone mode but I'm not able to instantiate a SelectorThread. The code I use is as follows:
>
> mapOut = new SelectorThread();
> mapOut.setPort(8000);
> mapOut.initEndpoint();
> mapOut.startEndpoint();
>
> I get the following exception for this:
>
> com/sun/org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> at com.sun.grizzly.util.buf.UDecoder.<clinit>(UDecoder.java:44)
> at com.sun.grizzly.tcp.Request.<init>(Request.java:144)
> at com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProcessorTask.initialize(DefaultProcessorTask.java:394)
> at com.sun.grizzly.http.SelectorThread.rampUpProcessorTask(SelectorThread.java:1013)
> at com.sun.grizzly.http.SelectorThread.startEndpoint(SelectorThread.java:1117)
>

> I've got http-1.5.0.jar http-utils-1.5.0.jar and framework-1.5.0.jar in my classpath. Any clues on how to fix this?

You also need commons-logging and commons-modeler from here:

https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/com.sun.commons/jars/

Later this week we will release 1.5.1 and this time full bundle of the
http-based server will be available. You can get update by subscribing
to users_at_grizzly.dev.java.net :-)

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois