users@glassfish.java.net

sjsas 9.0 displays wrong server name in schemaLocation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 08:22:50 PDT

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem:

I deploy a web service to sjsas 9.0.

I go to the server as some ip address, not a dns name:

When I pull up the WSDL it is showing the server name (which is not resolvable by the company dns which is why we are using the IP address).

For example:
http://192.168.10.99:8080/TestWebServiceApp/TestService?WSDL

will display an its schema import with:

schemaLocation=http://someBoxName:8080/TestWebServiceApp/TestService?xsd=1

or something like that where someBoxName is not a dns resolvable entry.

The problem as I mentioned is that the app server (or more specifically jax-ws?) is returning a name that may not be resolvable rather than the information passed to it (which was obviously resolvable and in this case was just an IP Address).

After discovering this problem I tested this with sjsas 9.1 (jax-ws 2.1.x?) and it uses exactly what was passed in (192.168.10.99 in this case instead of myCoolBox). So this is completely fixed in 9.1b

If the name can be found in /etc/hosts then it returns that name (whether it is dns resolvable or not). If it does not match anything in /etc/hosts, then it will return localhost.localdomain which is even worse. The effect of this is that the web service client will try to load the schema from their own computer!

I'm really surprised I have not found more information on this. it seems as though this issue would have been found and solved (or a work around posted) a long time ago, but I have not found it.

Is there some setting I can set on the App Server to make it behave differently?

Incidentally I would like to use Jax-ws 2.1.1 but I cannot get it to work on sjsas 9.0 (even though the instructions clearly include it), but I have another post about that (http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=26537) so I'll leave that alone for now and just ask that no one suggests it :-).

Thanks so much for your help.

-Geoff
[Message sent by forum member 'gcruscoe' (gcruscoe)]