users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Node-agent failed to startup (GF2, b44)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 08:42:45 PDT

sinus:

The problem is --secure=true on create-node-agent command. By doing that, you are instructing
the node-agent to create a secure and only secure connection to DAS. If that were the case,
the DAS should have been having the http-listener at 4849, which is not true in this setup.

Two work-arounds:
- delete the created node-agent na2, issue create-node-agent *without* --secure. That means the
  communication between NA and DAS is insecure.
- at <na2>/agent/config/das.properties -- change the secure setting to false.

Now, coming to why it worked in b39 and not in b44 -- we made DAS insecure by default in later
builds. This is mainly because most developers don't like it and self-signed certificate of DAS is
treated badly by newer (!) browsers like IE7.

I had sent an email to users alias in this regard, but I agree, we receive a lot of mail :)

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]