users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF - referencing images outside of deployed .ear

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 08:35:02 PDT

Is this really needed?

Why can't we use ServletContext's methods where we load a resource from a name?

That way, your web.xml becomes more portable, because not many vendors (including GF V2) allow you to change your init parameters (in web.xml, for entire web app/each servlet) post deployment.

So, just place your library at a location where you know your server will pick up and make it
available for every application and write applications that way.

Sorry if I have misunderstood ...

Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]