users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java Message Service

From: Imran M Yousuf <imran_at_smartitengineering.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 07:36:05 +0600

Though I am not sure what you are using for IoC on client app, if you
are using you could use Spring Framework to get you the
ConnectionFactory, Queue, Topic injected into the classes that you
require; only thing you will require is configure the JNDITemplate. Have
a look at the following 2 links they should be useful.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/02/22/asynchronous-messaging-with-spring-jms.html
http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/jms.html

The connection factory, queue and topic may reside on a different server
over the network, so even if the app is executed as a app client JNDI
would be required to specify. Moreover if the client and server are
different physical machines I found Spring Framework to be more useful
to get my application bootstrapped, especially for 3-tier / n-tier
architecture. Let me know if you have more problem I will try to make a
small app and mail it.

Imran