users@glassfish.java.net

Re: query on a value derived from a method

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:56:39 PDT

yes getEstimatedMonthlyPayment is a method which does not denote a persisted property.

there is no problem putting it in the database, except that the values used to calculate the result change frequently as well as depend on the viewer.

This getEstimatedMonthlyPayment calls out to a facade which gets user preferences, and business rules to help do the calculation.

I am kind of new to the persistence API....

So If I make a property estimatedMonthlyPayment and add the code to the accessors function. This should work?
Thanks for the help!
[Message sent by forum member 'berridge' (berridge)]